After getting a new printer for your home or office, the first order of business is to get it set up by installing the driver. It is a fairly simple process that includes downloading and setting up the program. But sometimes users complain of the Hp installing network printer stuck message being displayed. If you are also facing an issue like this, continue reading the article below to find out the possible causes and solutions for this.
How to Solve Hp installing network printer stuck
Follow the methods mentioned below to solve this issue without having to contact customer support:
- Pause the installation
- Go to the task manager from the start button and
- Open the processes tab and go to the installer program.
- Click on the end task option to close it.
- Once it is canceled, close the task manager to save the changes.
- Uninstall software
- If the program has been installed in some capacity, then begin by removing any connecting wires.
- From the start button, click on the apps and features.
- It will display a list of all the installed programs and applications.
- Choose the model name of your printer and click on uninstall.
- There will be an uninstallation instructions wizard, which can be followed.
- Once done, restart the system and wait.
- Now that the original driver has been removed from the system, you can start the installation of a current version.
- Go to the official printer website and enter the model name and number of the driver you want.
- Download and save it by clicking on the link.
- Extract the contents of the file and begin the installation by following the instructions provided by the wizard on screen.
- If this version of the driver is installed without any errors then your problem is solved and you do not need to follow the next step.
- Reset and restart
- If the error occurs even the second time around, then it could be due to internal issues in your PC. These need to be resolved by a complete scan.
- Open the command prompt from the start menu on the lower panel of the desktop.
- With a right-click, choose to run as the admin and type the scan commands.
- Once it is completed, restart the device once again and install the software one more time.
- Technical help
If the Hp installing network printer stuck issue does not solve even after following the steps given above, then visit the official support website and drop a query. The tech team will get back to you with a solution.
You should also keep an eye for some other common errors, we have discusses below – that are similar to this one.
Hp network device installation taking forever
Another common issue that can occur during the installation and setup process of your printer is when it takes more time than usual.
There can be a few different reasons behind it and we have listed all of them below for the user’s convenience to pick and choose the one they think fits their situation.
- One of the most basic and primary reasons could be a problematic internet connection.
- If the size of the program is too large then it is common for the installation to take time, however, if it runs for an unreasonable amount of time then it could be a bigger problem.
- Corrupt files in the PC or pending updates in the version of the operating system the user is currently working with.
Follow these steps when you face the hp network device installation taking forever issue:
- Firstly, you should begin by checking if the internet is working properly or not. If it is not, then the problem could either lie in the router or with the internet service provider.
- The secondary option, once the internet connection is reinstated is that the driver should be reinstalled once again. Make sure to do it with the control panel this time around.
- Since the installation is stuck, the user should begin by canceling the process completely. To do this, open the task manager from the start menu and click on the end task under the process option.
- After the process has ended, go to the official website and type in the model name of the device in the search bar. Click on the download link and then double-click on the file to begin the installation once again.
- If the problem persists, you might have to go for fixing the internal issues by resetting Winsock settings. After you are done with the resolution, check if the installation started working or not.
Hp error code 0x00829c98
Generally, error codes are used to identify and specify problems in software and programs. Their main purpose is to make the process of identification and fixing of these issues much easier for the common users.
This particular error code 0x00829c98 is related to ink troubles in the printer. It indicates that the cartridges or the print head are in dire need of replacement.
How to fix it?
In order to begin solving this error, follow the steps mentioned below which will help you with the print head installation:
- Start by removing the original print head which contains all the cartridges. It is advisable not to remove them individually since it could lead to leakage or staining.
- Once the slots are empty, take the replacement head (make sure that they are genuine and authentic products) and push them inside the slots, and press until a click sound is heard.
- After the ink has been replaced, plug the device back to the power outlet and turn the power button on.
- Load the printer tray with paper and try to print a sample sheet to check if the error has been fixed or not.
Hp unsuccessful network installation
Another common message that is displayed during the installation of the driver is an unsuccessful network. There are a number of reasons this can happen and we have listed a solution for them of these below:
- Plug off the power cord and switch the device off.
- Any other wires connecting it with the network or a PC should also be removed at once.
- Then, remove the cord from the wifi and wait for a couple of minutes to switch it back again.
- Once the network is reinstated, restart the computer and turn the device back on.
- Uninstall software
- If you are using a Windows device, open the menu and go to the section where you can add or remove programs.
- Open the list of applications that have been installed over time and click on the printer driver.
- If you are using a smartphone then uninstalling the smart app would do the trick.
- For complete removal of the program, go to the user account from the control panel.
- Open the menu under printer and devices and then uninstall the driver with a right click.
- Another way would be to use hp’s helper application which is designed specifically to deal with situations like these.
- The print and scan doctor will allow users in catching and fixing all the problems.
- For starters, load up the paper tray and switch the printer on.
- Open the program and you will see a message displayed for a tool.
- Click on start and run the diagnostics.
- After finding the printer, the program will take care of the rest of the troubleshooting procedure.
- Repair files
- These files are referred to all the windows files that must be stored on your system.
- Users have the option of using an inbuilt system file checker, open the run dialog box from the menu and enter a command prompt.
- Make sure that the user has logged in as the administrator during this process.
- Feed the code – SFC scan now and hit the enter key.
- Once the scan is completed all the possible corruptions will be found and fixed.
- Lastly, install the driver once again and check if the process is hanging yet again or not.
If none of these methods have worked for your hp installing network device stuck issue, then it is advisable to contact the team for technical help. They can be reached via their phone number given on the right side. You can also send in a report with a proper description of the problem on the support website.
Also Check:- Hp Deskjet 2540 setup