If you are a recent owner of one of the wireless printer of HP’s great inventions then you don’t have to worry because we have you covered. Just continue reading on below to find out everything about the HP Photosmart wireless printer setup process.
Established in the year 1939 by its two visionary founders, David Packard and Bill Hewlett, HP has evolved into a multinational brand. They are trusted for producing some of the highest quality and sophisticated computers and printing machines.
Their current headquarters are located in Palo Alto in California, United States.
Conditions for HP Photosmart wireless printer setup
Before you proceed with your HP Photosmart wireless printer setup, there are certain conditions that will have to be met, such as:
- The OS of your PC should be vista or higher or more than 10.5 in the case of Mac.
- The computer system should not make use of a static IP address.
- The printer’s mode should be in the wireless auto connect mode and it should be kept in this mode for two hours before network connection.
To set up your printer wirelessly, you will have to go through the below mentioned stages:
- Reset the previous network settings to their default status.
- Save your current wireless network details in the HP smart app.
- Download the network drivers to finally start printing.
Steps for HP Photosmart wireless printer setup
Below are some easy steps using which you can complete the HP Photosmart wireless printer setup:
If the printer has been newly purchased, then begin by unboxing it out of the packaging according to the instructions listed on the manual.
- Plug the cords in and attach them to an outlet.
- Before turning it on, make sure to insert the ink cartridges and paper in the slots and tray respectively.
- Wrong attachment for either of these can lead to a printing error.
After setting up the external parts of the service, it is time to hook it up with a connection. This can be done either with a wired attachment or wirelessly. If you choose to do it without an Ethernet, then follow the steps given below:
- Check that the printer and router support WPS, by searching in the manuals.
- When you find the pushbutton on your device, press it, after which a blue light should start blinking.
- This light is an indication of your printer being in setup mode.
- With the touchscreen on your device, go to the restore settings option and choose the wireless option.
For the next step of your HP Photosmart wireless printer setup, you will need to:
- Visit the app store of your android or iOS device.
- Install the HP smart application and place the printer close to the network.
- When you open the app it will display a list of networks that you can choose from, select your Wi-Fi and enter the username and password.
- Also choose the name and model of the printer you would like to connect.
- After following the guided installation process you can start printing wirelessly directly from your smartphone.
Some related articles :
- How to setup airprint on HP printer? (AirPrint for Mac OS and IOS)
- HP envy photo 7855 All-in-One printer : A complete and easy setup Guide
- HP Officejet 4500 printer troubleshooting
- Guide to HP Envy 5660 printer setup
- HP Deskjet 3510 printer troubleshooting | Complete guide
- Troubleshooting HP Photosmart 5520 | Fix HP 5520 problems
- HP Deskjet 3050 wireless setup [Step by Step]
- HP Deskjet 2541 wireless setup | A guide to begin printing