Quicken is an advanced personal finance software which helps the users to manage, maintain and document to supervise their work. When data stored on your system hard drive gets damaged, the quicken data file also gets damaged. This results in the loss of integrity and the files gets cross linked in which two or more file occupies the same space on the hard drive/disk. Below are the methods to repair damaged quicken file.
|Quicken support phone number USA||+1-800-986-6752|
How to find damaged Quicken file ?
- Categories and numbers related to reports seems unarranged.
- Data doesn’t appear on report sometimes.
- Issue in creating backup file.
- Not capable to merge the current bank statement.
- Missing tags and categories
- Dates missing from reports even when all report settings are correct.
Simple steps to repair damaged quicken file
In case you are experiencing above issues, follow below steps to repair damaged quicken file:
How to create a back up file for Windows?
- Click on file > backup and restore > backup quicken file.
- You will be having two options for backup of your data. Either you can back up to your computer or an external drive or you can use dropbox.
- Select the option stating “ Add date to back up file name” to help identify your latest backup.
- Along with the name of your back up file, quicken will display the location where your backup will be saved. The quicken file name is typically followed by .QDF- backup.
- Select backup now.
How to restore quicken data?
- Click on the file > backup and restore > restore from back up file.
- Click browse after selecting Restore from your backup.
- The quicken backup file is typically with extension .QDF- backup. Browse your system or external drive to find the backup file you want to restore.
- Click the file you want to restore and select open then restore backup.
- You will be given the option to overwrite the file you have open or to create a copy of the backup you are restoring on the following prompted screen.
- You will need to select a location to save the copy, in case you create a copy and you will also need to give the copy a unique name.
- After selecting the location and naming the file, select Save, then click on Yes to open the restored file.
How to copy your Quicken file and validate?
Always make sure you have created a back up for your Quicken file before performing the procedure.
- Click on File > file operations > Copy.
- Change nothing on this screen, leave all the setting , including file name and checkboxes, at their default.
- Choose to Open a new copy after the copy is complete.
- In the New copy, Click on File > file operations > Validate & Repair > Validate ( to ensure there are no issues with the data in this file). Make sure to select Rebuild lots during the procedure, in case the issue is with the investment accounts latency or other data issues with an investment account.
- You will see the Data _log appear in a notepad window after the validation process is finished. The file is a summary of the validation results.
- Resolve any messages pertaining to the quality of your data after reviewing the Data_log that are advised with instruction you should follow.
- In case “Damaged data block” message is received and it appears in the Data_log after the validation completes, that means the file is not repairable. Restoring the backup from prior to the date listed on this message is recommended.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding how to repair damaged quicken file
You may also see:
- Quick Solution to Quicken not working with Capital One
- How to reinstall Quicken
- How to resolve issue when Quicken download transactions not showing
- How to resolve Quicken not updating
- How to resolve Quicken not opening
- How to fix Quicken error cc 501
- How to resolve Quicken error cc 892
- How to fix Quicken Error cc-502
- Steps to install Quicken on new computer without CD
- Steps to deactivate account as quicken cannot deactivate online services
- How to fix Quicken Login not working
- What are the steps to do Quicken Password Reset